users@glassfish.java.net

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 03:36:54 PDT

I'm deploying a WAR file via ASADMIN to Glassfish V2 B58 (final) for an app which previously worked fine on Tomcat 5.5 and I'm getting this error. The class is present in the <glassfish install dir>\lib\javaee,jar (unsurprisingly) - has anyone had this problem before ? Seems very strange.

If I deploy via the admin console I get the same problem and the message:

Error occurred during application loading phase. The application will not run properly. Please fix your application and redeploy. WARNING: com.sun.enterprise.deployment.backend.IASDeploymentException: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet com.sun.enterprise.deployment.backend.IASDeploymentException: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet
[Message sent by forum member 'richliv' (richliv)]