users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Sharing a Connection between EJB's

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:47:04 PDT

Actually I don't need transactions - I need to reduce the number of Connections in the applications. When there is a call from one EJB method to another EJB method, 2 connections are used (each EJB has XXXDataSource.getConnection) . What I'm asking, is how can I share that the same Connection (same object!) will be used on both EJBs. My concern is not transactions!!! My concern is that I have limited amount of connections in my connection pool. Is it possible without developing somthing of my own or can I use a feature from the application server?
[Message sent by forum member 'rong999' (rong999)]