users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JAAS jdbcRealm error

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 15:23:44 PDT

[i]
I tried setting up jdbcRealm security through the admin console but i keep getting an error after saving realm settings :

com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.BadRealmException: com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.BadRealmException: Missing required property user-name-column for strange thing is that the domain.xml user-name-column does has a value.
[/i]

I have same error with mysql !
But i have fix them, the error message is not true.

Configure Glassfish to write more log.
In admin console -> Application server (first menu) -> Logging -> Logging level
Put Security level to FINEST.
Come back to security configuration and save, normaly now you have many log message.

When I have make that, I have see an explicit SQL error message.
I having in admin consol write : User Table = "MYDATA.USER" but my table name haven't capital, i have correct to write : User Table = "mydata.user".
[Message sent by forum member 'skaloup' (skaloup)]