users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Session Management in Glassfish Cluster

From: <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:01:36 -0700

Evaristo,

Evaristo José Camarero wrote:

>Hi all:
>
>I am migrating a clustered application from Tomcat
>5.5.x to Glassfish v2, using HttpSession in memory
>replication.
>
>The application must be able to work with devices not
>supporting cookies (e.g. some mobile devices), and
>even further that URL re-writing capabilities (get
>sessions by IP address, assuming that each mobile
>device has only a concurrent session).

I'm not sure I understand the latter part of the above sentence:
Are you saying that both cookies *and* URL rewriting have been
disabled in your environment, and the IP address of a device
is used as the id of the session created on the device (based on
the simplifying assumption that there will be only a single session
per device)?

Can you please clarify?

Thanks,

Jan