users@glassfish.java.net

Design Suggestions Properties/Resources

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 05:03:52 PDT

Hi,

I need some advice regarding configurable properties/resources my application are using. For example, I have a kind of filter property that defines which entities to retrieve from certain queries to the database. This value rarely changes so it's nothing that I want to store within the application model. I don't want to make it a constant either because I don't want to compile and redeploy the application because we decided to change this property.

Should I just add a JNDI resource and implement an ObjectFactory and then add a @Resource in the session beans where I need this property?

If you have any suggestions that would be great.

Thanks!

Leo
[Message sent by forum member 'woel' (woel)]