users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How do I get a servlet to initate an SSL connections w/GlassFish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 06:53:51 PDT

Hmmm. I am not a hundred percent sure, but one thing I know is that the server's truststore
is modified in GlassFish. I am under the impression that the JRE trusted certs are
implicitly trusted by GlassFish, but that's because those certs are also present in GlassFish's
default trust-store.

So, can you try:

- Import the ActiveDirectory cert [b] also [/b] in domain-dir/config/cacerts.jks and restart
  the server?

My (educated) guess is that the GlassFish server (in its default configuration) starts with
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=domain-dir/config/cacerts.jks (which is of course different from
the JRE cacerts.jks, but contains mostly the same certs).

Let me know if it works.

If it does, please tell us more about your application.
Regards,
Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]