users@glassfish.java.net

JPA with database Views

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:56:35 PDT

Does JPA support Database Views?

I created a Java class and annotated the class with @Table. I could not find a view annotation and a view is just like any other table (except that you might not be able to update or insert to a view). I added the view in persistence.xml.

I created a stateless session bean for this java class and tried to run a findAll() on the view. I got an exception

Error compiling the query [select object(o) from ValidAppStatusVw as o]. Unknown abstract schema type

Any help on this.
[Message sent by forum member 'ad1900' (ad1900)]