users@glassfish.java.net

Defining Error pages

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:25:47 PDT

I am using the sun application Server v 9.1 (same in 9.0) to redirect a faces Exception javax.faces.application.ViewExpiredException which is fired when a HttpSession timesout. I have modified the web.xml file as specified on NB 5.5.1 and it looks like this:
    <error-page>
        <exception-type>javax.faces.application.ViewExpiredException</exception-type>
        <location>/index.html</location>
    </error-page>
This seems to have an effect because the exception no longer triggers the standard error page yet all other exceptions still use it. However I do not get my index.html page but get a standard HTTP error 500 instead. The index.html is simple and works when requested by URL.

Can anyone help
[Message sent by forum member 'griley' (griley)]