users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish Clustering - Application Deployment (EAR) in cluster simply hangs

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:39:33 PDT

hello,

I am deploy an ear in a cluster consisting two machines each running one instance. The asadmin command sits there for a long time and never returns.

I see partial EAR file contents (ejb jars and war) in the nodeagent/applications/j2ee-apps/appname directory. I don't see all the contents of the ear file in either. Looks like deployment was done partially on both instances and the asadmin hangs (i.e. deployment hangs after that).

I have tested deploying the same EAR in a non-cluster instance and it deploys and works fine there.

Any ideas? Are there known issues with cluster deployment?
I did forum search and google search and did see any known bugs.

I have increased the log level of deployment component to FINE and still don't see any messages in either the instance log or DAS log file.

Any troubleshooting hints will be helpful.
--
Sanjay
[Message sent by forum member 'sanjaydwivedi' (sanjaydwivedi)]