users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to force GF to use Java EE SE for web services?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 04:10:03 PDT

Hello Bhavani and Suresh, honestly thanks for your time,

my desirable scenario is:

- I develop some web services (bundeled as EJBs). Some of them interact - so I have to import full WSDL of provider web service to consuming web service (when developing consuming WS). This WSDL contains both abstract and concrete part (binding to SOAP and SOAP address)
- I import EJBs to the Composite application
- I can modify connection between "compatible" providers and consumers dynamicaly in CASA, without changing SOAP addresses in WSDL documents, so the services are mutally location transparent.

What I get is:
After I deploy composite application into GlassFish, services communicate according to concrete part of their partner's WSDL, they do not use Jave EE SE but open connection to SOAP address from concrete part of their partner's WSDL I guess . This cancels the effect of location transparency.

You noticed, that this is result of bad jbi.xml descriptor in SA or one of SUs, but the descriptors look good.

When I use the deprecated sun-ejb-jar.xml (although I consider it confusing too) then I see jbi messages in server log.

Finally: if I don't see JBI messages in log is this beacause JBI messages aren't created when communication is "local" (within one GF instance) or does it mean, that te messages don't pass through JBI environment?

Voloda
[Message sent by forum member 'voloda' (voloda)]