users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Classpath problems?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:49:21 PDT

Oh, my imports are ok. And if I'd forgotten, Eclipse would remind me :-)

It's something else. I actually "solved" the problem yesterday. I got a tip that I should also place my ejb.jar in the WEB-INF\lib directory in my web.war file. Doing this, the compiler found the ejb classes.

My question then would be: Why doesn't GlassFish "fix" this in the background? What's the point in having an ejb.jar file separate from the war file in the ear if I have to include the ejb.jar in the war anyway?

I used this as a guide when I first planned my ear:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial-update2/doc/Overview5.html

That was Java v1.4, but I haven't found a similar guide for Java 5. Anyways; if the EJBs shouldn't be packaged outside of the war file, what then would be the point in using the ear at all?

Marius
[Message sent by forum member 'mariusw' (mariusw)]