users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problems with Installing Glassfish on Ubuntu

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 07:19:04 PDT

Bonjour et vive la France! Many thanks indeed for your very useful advice, which was very helpful and saved me a lot of time.

After completely uninstalling the version of Glassfish I had, I downloaded the version given in the link you sent, and installed it following the instructions. The test file hello.war is now shown as localhost:8080/hello and the file login.war I put together a few days ago following the instructions in chapter 1 of "Core JavaServer Faces" by D.Geary and C.Horstmann also works. So it looks as if I can now move on. Perhaps you could be so kind as to show me how I can make these pages visible from another computer on the same network.

This is part of a project I started earlier in the year when in France, when I put together the client side of the code. A version (not fully tested or debugged) is at http://csharp.com/simulator/simulator.html where nothing is submitted to a server yet. It will eventually be hosted on a different domain.

csharpdotcom
[Message sent by forum member 'csharpdotcom' (csharpdotcom)]