users@glassfish.java.net

Do I need a web server like Apache?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 00:37:58 PDT

Hi,

I've seen at the apache web site, they usually use the combination Apache TOMCAT + Apache WebServer, in order to send static web pages faster than using only Tomcat.

My question is whether this arquitecture applies also to a Sun App Server or Glassfish App Server?

May I use Apache web server together with Glassfish App Server or it is not necesary at all? I've seen than normally web servers and different than app servers and they are located at the DMZ area

Thanks a lot
[Message sent by forum member 'bishop73' (bishop73)]