users@glassfish.java.net

How do I import javax.faces.context.FacesContext?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:06:28 PST

I am working through the examples in the book "Core JavaServer Faces" and I'm stuck on code that requires javax.faces.context.FacesContext to be imported, which is in listing 4-10 on page 129. On attempting to compile the code the compiler says that it cannot find the FacesContext symbol. When I downloaded and installed version 2 of Glassfish I assumed the relevant code was included.

Where do I get this code and how to I ensure that it is downloaded to the correct directory on my Ubuntu Linux system? In fact, I would also be interested to know how I can find out what packages are installed on my machine already?

I would be most grateful for someone to kindly give advice on this, as I it should be relatively easy once I know how.

Christopher Sharp
[Message sent by forum member 'csharpdotcom' (csharpdotcom)]