users@glassfish.java.net

domain.xml keeps getting corrupted, admin GUI not accessible, need help!

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:52:43 PDT

I'm using the latest version of GF (SJSAS 9.1) within Netbeans 6.0 Beta. I'm trying to deploy a web service to the application server.

When the web service is deployed to the application server, the domain.xml file gets corrupted. The top line, after the xml declaration, becomes:

<!DOCTYPE domain PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems Inc.//DTD Application Server 9.1 Domain//EN" "http://www.sun.com/software/appserver/dtds/sun-domain_1_3.dtd" [<!ENTITY log-level UNKNOWN><!ENTITY session-save-scope UNKNOWN><!ENTITY event-type UNKNOWN><!ENTITY lb-policy-type UNKNOWN><!ENTITY session-save-frequency UNKNOWN><!ENTITY rjmx-protocol UNKNOWN><!ENTITY object-type UNKNOWN><!ENTITY validation-level UNKNOWN><!ENTITY message-layer UNKNOWN><!ENTITY monitoring-level UNKNOWN><!ENTITY isolation UNKNOWN><!ENTITY apply-to-type UNKNOWN><!ENTITY boolean UNKNOWN>]>

If I try to redeploy the application, it complains about the domain.xml syntax so I have to delete all the ENTITY junk in the DOCTYPE tag every time I want to deploy the app.

Not only that, but the admin GUI fails to startup each time.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app server a few times and it will work for a little bit, but then the corruption happens and continues to happen each time.

Anyone have any idea what is happening? I've attached the server.log but nothing seems to be wrong in there.
[Message sent by forum member 'wfsaxton' (wfsaxton)]