users@glassfish.java.net

Using Web Services Client with JAX-2.1 in Java 1.6

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:41:58 PDT

Hello,

I have been trying to create an applet that access my JAX web services with WSIT and ran into a problem with Java 1.6. There are a number of articles explaining that Java 1.6 has JAX 2.0 bundled and that in order to use JAX 2.1 you will need to override the default libraries. This can be done by one of three mechanisms

1- Pasting the JAX 2.1 libaries into the lib/endorsed folder of your JVM install
2-Passing runtime parameters to the JVM to include an arbitrary lib folder of your own to be endorsed
3- use a custom classloader

The only feature I needed of JAX-WS that I understood to only be in JAX-2.1 was "fast binary transfer" as I am sending and recieving a lot of image data in my program. Does anybody know if there is a nicer way to use JAX-2.1 with Java 1.6 and/or if JAX 2.0 can support "fast binary transfer".

Thanks
-B
[Message sent by forum member 'benju' (benju)]