users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Running GlassFish with Apache httpd

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:24:33 PDT

congrats on your successes!

I had been following : http://blogs.steeplesoft.com/2007/05/04/virtual-hosting-using-apache-and-glassfish/

However I am still having problems. Hope you can help:

Where are you putting your <VirtualHost> definitions? In your http.conf or in apache2/sites-available/ and then using a2ensite to enable it?

It looks like my major difference from your configuration and the aforementioned blog is that I have deployed my application as a .war file with a context-root=/myWebApp. I am unsure of what my DocumentRoot should point to. Is DocumentRoot where your actual .jsps are located? Also what is your context-root?

Right now I have:
www.mydomain.com = apache2 index /
www.mydomain.com/MyWebApp = MyWebApp

what i need is:
www.mydomain.com = MyWebApp

Thanks in advance for your help. If anyone else has a suggestions or a resource please feel free to chime in.
[Message sent by forum member 'b12' (b12)]