users@glassfish.java.net

Re: SJAS 9.1 setup not useful for production servers

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:30:47 -0400

FYI, I found the first link in your FAQ:

http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqUpgradeDeveloperProfileToCluster

I think your installation team needs to put some more work into the
setup program for Windows in the UR1 version. In addition to the
previous issues I brought up, I also noticed:

- It talks about the location of a Java 2 SDK, but it really wants my
Java 5 or 6 JDK.
- The screen where it gives an option to create a Windows service cuts
off the last line of text, I have to resize the window to read it.
- When I select "Add to PATH environment variable" checkbox, it adds it
to my user environment variables instead of the system environment
variables. The user I am currently logged in as has administrator
privileges.
- The dark gray background reminds me of Java in 2001

Thanks,
Ryan