users@glassfish.java.net

Management rule : How to be notified on cluster start/stop

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:35:50 PDT

Hi everybody,

I would like to do some background tasks when the cluster start or stop.

To do that, i create an MBean that implements the NotificationListener interface.
For testing purposes, i just do some trace, using the System.out, to log the information stored in the Notification parameter of the handleNotification() method.
The MBean has been deployed under the mbean directory of the DAS and all cluster instances.
Throught the cluster configuration section of the GUI, I register 3 management rules on 'Cluster' event type, each one for 'fail', 'start', 'stop' event and i refere my previous MBean as the action to perform.

When i stop/start the cluster using the GUI, nothing appears in the server.log file of the DAS or my cluster instances.

What going wrong ?
Need some help please.

Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'franck_mosse' (franck_mosse)]