users@glassfish.java.net

Structure of RAR file containing JCA adapter

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 23:00:36 PDT

I am currently writing a JCA adapter. When reading the specification, it specifies that, within the RAR file, those classes implementing the JCA interfaces should be within a contained JAR file. Specifically,

17.2.0.1 Resource Adapter Archive
A resource adapter must be packaged using the Java ARchive (JAR) format in to an
RAR (ResourceAdapter ARchive). For example, a resource adapter for EIS A can be
packaged as an archive with a filename eisA.rar.
The RAR file must contain a deployment descriptor based on the format specified in
Section 17.5.4 “Requirements”. The deployment descriptor must be stored with the
name META-INF/ra.xml in the RAR file.
[b]The Java interfaces, implementation, and utility classes required by the resource
adapter must be packaged as one or more JAR files as part of the resource adapter
module. A JAR file must use the .jar file extension.
[/b]The platform-specific libraries required by the resource adapter must be packaged
with the resource adapter module.

So, I've defined my RAR file, with the classes contained within a JAR file. When I attempt to deploy it into a Glassfish v2 server, it can't find my ResourceAdapter implementation.

Should I be doing anything specific, so that Glassfish can find the classes in the contained Jar file? Do I need to define a classpath entry in the RAR's manifest?

Thanks for any help,
Ed
[Message sent by forum member 'hildo' (hildo)]