users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Container Managed Transaction and Hibernate Search

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:22:48 PDT

Ok so if I understand, it is not possible to start a transaction managed by a container in a web service handler?
Another think that I don't understand is that I have the same restriction with JTATransactionFactory. But in hibernate documentation, it is written :

[b]org.hibernate.transaction.JTATransactionFactory
delegates to container-managed transaction if an existing transaction is underway in this context (e.g. EJB session bean method), otherwise a new transaction is started and bean-managed transaction are used. [/b]
So in my case, no transaction is underway, so I should be able to get a new transaction in "bean-managed" mode.
[Message sent by forum member 'will_mad' (will_mad)]