users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JCA - cleanup call for ManagedConnection too early?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 06:33:34 PDT

Hi Jagadish,

In our case only non-shareable connections are involved.

> If the connection is participating in a transaction,
> it will not be returned to pool till the end of
> transaction (commit/rollback).

If this is the case then why does Glassfish call cleanup() before commit()?
It would help in the implementation of a Resource Adapter if cleanup() would be called after commit() as otherwise during cleanup() the physical connection to an EIS partner can not be reset, as it is needed to propagate the commit.

Clemens
[Message sent by forum member 'ctee' (ctee)]