users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Hang up: Too many open files

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 03:07:36 PDT

Hi Paul,

last two month i wrote plenty of mails to my ISP.
I often ask to increase maximum file descriptors and also put lots of example settings of other people which get this exceptions (ulimt, limits.con, ...).

Answer of ISP was, that they increased maximum processes of my system once again.
But if i check ulimit -a it always shows me 1024.
Do not now this OS and such things, so i thought this value depends to my currently opened ssh session and java/glassfish/... has different settings.
Or is this an global value?

Nevertheless i sent example settings once again (your settings).
And now they increased it to 2048, 32768 is to high in their opinion.
Now my SSH console shows me 2048 too.

Dont understand what ISP increased before and why they increased it now, even i wrote many emails about that settings in ulimit:(
Will watch it next day if this helps.

thanx
J. Hammoud
[Message sent by forum member 'hammoud' (hammoud)]