users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Hang up: Too many open files

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 08:34:32 PDT

I didn't read previous posts carefully enough. I see now that the ISP sysadmin says he increased the number of open files limit. But perhaps it wasn't increased enough, or perhaps it was done in a way that wasn't useful to glassfish. Or maybe he just did something wrong and his change had no effect.

It may or may not be helpful, but here's a little script I used to watch my open file count to get an idea of what was really happening.

#!/bin/bash

while true; do
    pid=$(ps -A | awk '/java/ && !/awk/ { print $1; }')
    ls /proc/$pid/fd | wc -l
    sleep 5
done
[Message sent by forum member 'paulr5930' (paulr5930)]