users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Web-Gui (Sources/Project-files)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 10:39:40 PDT

> Is it possible to a have a look at the source (or
> maybe the NetBeans project) of the Web Admin GUI of
> glassfish?

Definitely. All GlassFish source code is open sourced. You are free to just browse it or download and work with it.

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/source/browse/glassfish/
shows you how to browse all the source code or download it.

To be specific for Admin Console, you can just go to
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/source/browse/glassfish/admin-gui/
all the source code is under 'src' directory.

The module name for Admin GUI is 'admin-gui' , so when checking out source, you can specify -Dmodules=admin-gui if you only wants admin GUI source code.
eg.
'maven checkout -Dmodules=admin-gui bootstrap build configure-runtime' to check out and built.
Detailed instruction and environment setup can be found at:
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=BuildInformation

If you have downloaded the source and built it, you can just open the
<workspace>/glassfish/admin-gui project in NetBeans.

> Might be a stupid thing to ask, but I quite like the
> Web Admin Interface of Glassfish and since I can't
> find any useful jsf tutorial anywhere, I thought I
> might start here...

Admin Console is built on JSFTemplating https://jsftemplating.dev.java.net which is a framework for both JSF page and Renderer. There are tutorials and sample projects available to get you started. You may want to check this out too.
[Message sent by forum member 'anilam' (anilam)]