users@glassfish.java.net

Two domains spontaneously created by installer (JBoss on Ubuntu 7.04)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 04:59:26 PDT

I'm using JBoss 4.0.5 on Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn). The JBoss installer (JEMS 1.0.2) created two domains named "domain1" on my computer spontaneously: one inside "~/glassfish/domains" and the other inside "/var/lib/sunappserver/domains". It appears only the former domain is active: the application server responds to applications dropped in the "autodeploy" subdirectory of "~/glassfish/domains/domain1", but is indifferent to applications dropped in the "autodeploy" subdirectory of "/var/lib/sunappserver/domains/domain1".

Why were two domains created? Why only one of them is active? Would it do any harm to erase the inactive domain? In fact, would it do any harm to erase the entire "/var/lib/sunappserver" directory?
[Message sent by forum member 'berliita' (berliita)]