users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to pass properties to glassfishv2 startup/domain.xml?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 17:13:24 PDT

Hi Kedar,
Is there a way to participate in this "token replacement" feature and provide our own tokens to domain.xml at startup?

The missing requirement in your use case, is that I need Bar to be dynamically provided @ server startup and not hardcoded in the domain.xml.
Again, in glassfishV1, my domain.xml had <java-config classpath-suffix="${path-to-myjars}"> and I dynamically passed the value at startup through startserv with -Dpath-to-myjars=dynamic-classpath
Does that make sense?

Please note I'm using asadmin start-domain and that's why I'm not sure how to supply a dynamic property now that startserv is not used in V2 anymore.
Are you recommending I start glassfish by hand with a the java command you provided instead of asadmin? Won't it prompt me for a password then?
[Message sent by forum member 'bouteill' (bouteill)]