users@glassfish.java.net

Re: So now that load balancer clustering appear to be fine.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 12:29:03 PDT

Hi,

This didn't work. After removing all listeners then created only one which listened on port 80 which has SSL disabled then associating it with the only virtual server I still get directed to https://myhost:80

There is no SSL enabled listener and after making sure all changes were deployed and doing a restart then going to http://myhost I still get directed to https://myhost:80 ??

Thanks, S.D.

> To confirm, check server.xml in webserver instance's
> config directory. All the listeners are mentioned
> there. It looks like instead of creating a new ssl
> listener, you have made default http listener
> ssl-enabled. Thus listener running at port 80 is
> ssl-enabled. Change port of ssl listener to 443 and
> create another listener for port 80. It will resolve
> your issue. For more details on how to do that,
> refer to webserver documentation.
>
> Webserver automatically change the connection to ssl
> if listener is ssl-enabled. Therefore request send to
> http://myhost is changed to https://myhost:80. Port
> number is added as 80 is non default ssl port. The
> default is 443.
>
> Thanks,
> Kshitiz
[Message sent by forum member 'samdoyle' (samdoyle)]