users@glassfish.java.net

JAVA DISTRIBUTED CACHE IN GLASSFISH CLUSTER

From: Evaristo José Camarero <evaristojosec_at_yahoo.es>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 14:52:39 +0200 (CEST)

Evaristo

Hi:

I have a clustering application that needs to provide
a mechanisms to share information between all the
cluster members; I need to share between all the
cluster members the application configuration, that be
changed in runtime. I could employ a database for
that, but I considered more performance oriented to
employ a java distributed cache. I have read that
Glassfishv2 cluster uses Shoal/JXTA for clustering
purpose, and I have 2 questions:

- Is it possible to employ JXTA / Shoal for the
purpose described before?
- If that is the case, may I employ the same GMS that
uses the Glassfish container, or do I need to
instantiate new GMS in my application?
- Is the solution portable to another JEE container,
installing the Shoal libraries there?

Thanks in advance,

Evaristo

Sé un Mejor Amante del Cine
¿Quieres saber cómo? ¡Deja que otras personas te ayuden!
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/reto/entretenimiento.html