users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with GlassFish windows service

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 23:50:46 -0400

Now that I think about it some more, things are starting to make sense.
When I log out and Glassfish stops running, that must mean that
Glassfish was not really running as "Local system account". If it were
running using my own user's account, that would explain why it was able
to find ~/.asadminpass and not prompt me for a password.

Lets say that now the service really is running as Local System
Account. It probably won't find the ~/.asadminpass file and will prompt
me for a password. I doubt it will even finish starting up when
windows starts because of this. I'll have to do some experimentation at
work tomorrow.

I'm confused how it would be running using my own user instead of "Local
system account" when the Windows services screen shows me that it uses
"Local system account". More on this later...

Thanks,
Ryan