users@glassfish.java.net

Re: problem with glassfish admin console

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 19:50:59 PDT

thanks, jluehe:

The problem is finally solved. I've performed a double check through all ext or endorsed directories, and found that there is a special file named "servlet-api.jar.old" in my JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext directories. It looks like that the non-jar extension file does not affect compile time behavior but it does change runtime behavior.
After removing that ".old" file, the admin console runs normally without error.
[Message sent by forum member 'l9039782' (l9039782)]