users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Unable to lookup JMS Objects through JNDI

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:51:43 PDT

I will get it a try. Unfortunately I managed to screw up the entire Glassfish server and so I have to reinstall first.

Looking at JBoss and Geronimo the requirements to use appclient in order to access the GlassFish JNDI tree looks ridiculous. It don't understand why this is necessary and even desired. After working on JBoss and SeeBeyond's application server I know that this is not needed. This also means that having to create a Java Web Start application in order to make it work is even worse.

I can still not get ride of the feeling that GlassFish is way to complicated.

-Andy
[Message sent by forum member 'schaefa' (schaefa)]