users@glassfish.java.net

Re: AS400 project

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:38:42 PDT

> However on JBoss we use the IBM driver,

I use the JTOpen driver but this should not be the problem.

> It shouldn't matter if you make a connection pool or
> not it should use the same server CPU time

yes, you are right. I made a simple query with the defined connection pool
and the CPU was about 15 %. But what is the main difference between the query:

java.sql.ResultSet rs=
stmt.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM LIBRARY.TABLE WHERE column1 like 'Test%'");

and

query=em.createQuery("SELECT p FROM Table p WHERE p.column1 LIKE :value");
query.setParameter("value","Test%");
query.getResultList();
[Message sent by forum member 'vjordan' (vjordan)]