users@glassfish.java.net

Re: AS400 project

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:01:37 PDT

> We use this at work.. make sure you have the latest
> AS400 JDBC driver...

what driver do you use? The IBM one or the JTOpen one ?

> Also it will have high cpu usage on an AS400, as its
> a Batch System and not a Time Sharing system. This is
> inherant of the design.

Do you use a connection pool? If yes, do you have made any
special changes or added special properties?

I figured out, that a simple SQL query with a simple jdbc connection only takes
about 14 percent cpu usage and the same query with a connection pool and
the ejb query 90 percent.

Can you tell me a little more about your query solution?
[Message sent by forum member 'vjordan' (vjordan)]