users@glassfish.java.net

Unable to locate EJB remote interface from LifecycleListener class

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:23:51 PDT

I have a strange scenario I am running in which I have a LifecycleListener which waits for the Lifecycle Ready Event to start up an SNMP trap listener. As long as the server is up and running it can receive these traps. However, when I try to take the trap and pass it off to one of the EJB's running within the EJB container of glassfish, it simply does not work. I have tried via resource injection (@EJB annotation, which I have several web services making use of) and through JNDI context lookups. Neither are working. The closest I can get is a NoClassDefFound exception. I place the EJB jar file in the same directory as the LifecycleListener classes and I still get this...

Is there some fundamental piece of information I do not know about Glassfish which would not allow this? I thought it would be somewhat trivial but I guess I am wrong. I have been banging my head against a wall all day on this problem and any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

James H
[Message sent by forum member 'jamesdh' (jamesdh)]