users@glassfish.java.net

Re: (bug?) odd warnings while deploying EJB/WebService to glassfish b56

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 06:56:14 PDT

Hi.

I am not sure about your first posting - we should let the WS experts respond.

As for the second one, this is an oversight in the server code that was fixed in build 57 (the one after the build you are using). The manifest of one of your JAR files contains a Class-Path setting that refers to a file that does not exist where expected at the time the server is building the generated app client JAR file.

As of build 57 the server no longer fails in this case but will log a FINE-level message instead.

Note that one way this can happen is if one of your JARs refers to a JAR in your EAR that is a submodule (such as an EJB module). This is because GlassFish expands the submodule JARs into directories during deployment, then deletes the original JAR. So by the time the app client JAR generation code executes the submodule JAR is gone.

Please check the Class-Path settings in the manifests of the JARs in your EAR.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]