users@glassfish.java.net

Newbie Question--EJB 3.0/JPA deployment not working

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:14:06 PDT

I am new to EJB 3.0 and JPA technologies, so please excuse me for asking such a rudimentary question.

I am developing a simple Java EE application running on glassfish version 9.0.01, buuild b02-p01. I used the windows installer to set everything up for the server. I am using JDK 1.6.0.02

I am using Eclipse Europa to develop the application. I have an Enteripse application that includes a EJB project and a Web project. I am using ANT to build the application. In the Web project I have placed an index.html file to ensure I can hit the web application berfore I go any farther. The web project has two servlets. In one servlet, I called the Remote Interface for the EJB and performed some operation. This reference is made using annotations. The EJB project has developed several persistence classes and one EJB with a Remote interface. Everything seems to be building correctly. I have used annotations to handle the EJB and Entity portion of the EJB project.

When I deploy the application to the application server, I see no errors in the server log. As a matter of fact, the log file states the ear deployed correctly. When I go look at the admin console, I am not seeing any errors either.

In my my-ejb-jar file I [b]do not[/b] include a sun-ejb-jar.xml or the war file does not include a sun-web.xml. The sun-application.xml is not in the ear file. The ear file has the application.xml, The sever is generating the ejb-jar.xml from the annotations. The war file has the web.xml file.

When trying http://localhost:7182/MyWebContext/index.html for hitting the Web container using my IE 6.0 browser I receive this:

""

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Russ
[Message sent by forum member 'russ_ray' (russ_ray)]