users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Is it possible to use Glassfish as COSNaming service

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 23:02:07 PDT

What do you mean it does not know where the app server is listening for requests? What type? Because it does at least know (config from appserver jar) where JNDI is set up because I can connect and get resources from there.

It seems that the solution you describe would start the orbd naming service and then keep a reference to it in JNDI, am I right? I suppose that this in turn means that I always have to start orbd because this is a COS Naming service as opposed to the Java EE naming service started up with glassfish, correct?

In short, I will assume this means that I have to start orb if I need a COS Naming service because the Java EE naming service started with glassfish does not provide this functionality.
[Message sent by forum member 'krippa' (krippa)]