users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Very slow start-up of Java Web Start Application Client Container (JWS-

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 08:14:03 PDT

Hi, again, Steve.

I agree - the buildAppClientInfo is the big winner (or loser) here. (The 4 seconds used for initializing naming is larger than I'd like but obviously that's not the real culprit here.) It may be the expansion of the downloaded app client JAR that's taking the time, but I'll add some more debugging output to some key places and we'll get a better idea.

'Tis the weekend here now also, but I'll get you an updated appserv-rt.jar sometime before your work week starts so, if you have time, you can run again with the new JAR.

Did you have a chance to try with the appclient script? I don't necessarily expect a difference, given where the time is being spent, but it'd be good to be sure.

I'll prepare another patched JAR today or tomorrow and let you know when it's ready.

Thanks.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]