users@glassfish.java.net

Re: What are the main differences between cluster and enterprise profiles?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:38:31 PDT

> Anyone? My understanding is that if you create an
> enterprise profile you get the hadb replication.

Yes, out-of-the-box.
There is nothing preventing you from using in-memory-replication
on the so-called enterprise-profile domain, though.

> If
> you use a cluster profile it uses the in memory
> replication instead. Is this correct?

Again, out-of-the-box yes.
You can have a domain created with cluster-profile to use HADB for persistence of
sessions. You are undertaking the HA tier configuration by doing so.

>If so what
> factors should determine which profile I should use?

There aren't any factors. In fact, you can create a domain with "kedarmhaswade" or "samdoyle"
profile by following excellently documented steps at:
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/attach/GlassFishV2AdminRelatedOnePagers/gfv2-profiles-arc.html

This is called as custom profile domain.

Again, there is nothing hard-coded about a domain with respect to its profile. That's why I call
a profile a "fluid-property" of a domain. You can always do your own thing with respect to the
configuration and a domain with a new profile emerges.

Hope this helps (a bit).

Kedar

> Thanks, S.D.

You are asking too many questions :) (just kiddin')
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]