users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v2RC1 breaks on first run

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:04:28 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> You can use IDE to develop, deploy the apps, for start/stop server use the command line utility. I'm pretty sure NetBeans5.5.1 you don't see the problem that you've raised in the beginning of this thread. I believe in NB5.5.1 they fixed something in NB code to take care of the startup (classpath) issue, so if you use NB5.5.1 as your IDE it should work out of the box, start/stop/develop/deploy etc.

While it is true that you *need* NetBeans 5.5.1 or NetBeans 6.0 M10 to
work with GlassFish V2 (NetBeans 5.5 does not support at all GF V2), I
am not sure the JSF exception seen in the server log is related to this.
The isssue related to Nb 5.5 was around authorization where the IDE
could not log in the admin user.
Maybe someone from the admin team can take a look at the log.

But in anycase, please upgrade to Nb 5.5.1 or Nb 6.0 M10 on your side,

Ludo