users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Does ToplinkEssentials support stored procedures?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 02:24:50 PDT

Well, thanks for your answers.

To sum it up: it's not supported, not planed to be supported but somehow possible (with direct use of sql...)

> MHO this would make not much sense, since JPA is designed to provide a abstraction layer for database
I have to admit that I'm not an expert in this database stuff, but I thought that there is some sql standard mechanism for stored procedures. Anyway I think JPA should abstract from the complexity of using the database so if there are stored procedures it should provide an easy way to use them.

> I saw a bit strange solution in Mike Keith presentation at JavaONE
 Yes this looks really strange but I will try this.
[Message sent by forum member 'wierob' (wierob)]