users@glassfish.java.net

LoginModule.logout() not called?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 14:10:58 PDT

I am trying to setup a mechanism by which I keep track of authentication session begins/ends in a database.

I thought that a good way of achieving this would be by writing my own custom LoginModule, which I had to do for other reasons anyways, and plug in some code in the login() and logout() methods to keep track of the beginning and end of an authenticated session.

However, to my surprise, the logout() method does not seem to get called. And by digging a little deeper, I noticed that the com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.LoginContextDriver class' logout() method is the one that is not invoking LoginContext.logout() as I would have expected.

Can someone confirm whether this is normal or not?
And if it is normal, I would like to know what the LoginModule.logout() method is good for, if anything?

Please note that I am currently running with Glassfish v2-b50g

Thanks
Sam
[Message sent by forum member 'sstanojevic' (sstanojevic)]