users@glassfish.java.net

JAX-RPC web services don't load balance in cluster

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 13:45:37 PDT

Using glassfish_v2_b58 I have two applications deployed, one is JAX-RPC and one is JAX-WS.
The JAX-WS application works with loadbalancing, i.e. I get the load balancing webserver ip and
port whenever I request the WSDL file. With the JAX-RPC application, I get the cluster node ip
address and port, which of course round-robins between all the nodes in my cluster. This defeats
the loadbalancing because when I compile my web service client, it pulls the WSDL down and
effectively binds to a single cluster node. Is there some trick to making JAX-RPC applications load
balance?

Thanks,

TB
[Message sent by forum member 'travbow' (travbow)]