users@glassfish.java.net

JPA cacade remove operation: Spec vs. TLE implementation

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 01:16:56 PDT

After using the JPA cascade entity operation feature, I had several problems when removing entities from the database, that should cascade their remove operation to dependent entities as this results in a database constraints violation. There are several issues already filed, but it seems they have low priority/importace (P4), thus impliying that it is not a mandatory feature required by the JPA spec. From my understandig of the spec e.g., it is completely legal to have a unidirectional @OneToMany relation set to cascade type ALL. Are there any plans to support cascading of remove operations for the release of Glassfish V2?

Regards
Heiko
[Message sent by forum member 'hewagn00' (hewagn00)]