users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish v2 clustering problem with JMS

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 17:01:37 PDT

I was trying the clustering following the sample clusterjsp setup, all worked fine with this simple application. So I have an app server with a node, which contains one cluster and 2 instances. The Sun web server can load balance between the 2 instances and even the failover worked. So far so good.

But when I deployed my real application (with Session beans and MDBs) and configured the app server, the application run properly on the main server configuration. But the application failed to start on the cluster instances. The server log showed SEVERE messages from both instance about "Invalid Destination" of the jms JNDI name when loading session bean with the injected (annotation) MDB. Then followed by the javax.naming.NamingException:javax.naming.NameNotFoundException.

I have set the target of all JNDI name (JDBC or JMS alike) to both the server and cluster. The application is running fine on the stand-along server, and the clusterjsp still runing fine on the clustering instances. But the clustering instances won't pick up the jms JNDI names. Also the jms JNDI names do not show up at the Configurations> cluster1-config> Java Message Service> Physical Destinations tab.

Has any one have the same problem, and how to solve it. Thanks and best regards.

Evan
[Message sent by forum member 'evanyang168' (evanyang168)]