users@glassfish.java.net

Re: can't install glassfish v2 rc4 on centos

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:48:15 PDT

I managed to fix this by forcing the jdk 1.6 directory into the path

# export PATH=/usr/java/jdk1.6.0/bin:$PATH

before I executed the jar, which leads me to think that there is something inside the jar that is spawning its own java child process and that is using the path, not the java that it was originally run from.

If this is the case, the instructions may need amending for those systems that have multiple JDKs installed.

Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'krustyfur' (krustyfur)]