users@glassfish.java.net

Re: _at_GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.AUTO) throws exception

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:59:28 PDT

just wondering how does GenerationType.AUTO algorithm works. Shouldn't it take care of duplicate entry? who generates the ID in this case - the database or the app server (EJB3)?

In my case, database tables are created by the app server when I deploy the application. I have checked the database table structure manually and there is no attribute defined to auto increment ID value.

Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'server_user' (server_user)]