users@glassfish.java.net

Re: ACC and LogManager

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:15:52 PDT

Hi, Ryan.

Let me answer two ways. Strictly speaking, editing the script is probably officially not supported.

Having said that, practically speaking, removing the logging setting should not cause any problems but this is not a scenario that's tested so please let us know what you find if you try it.

Briefly, I believe the original thinking behind the ACCLogManager is to take its settings from the sun-acc.xml file (or whatever is specified as the -xml argument to the appclient command) so the log settings for the client can be managed in the same place - that XML file - as other client settings. The comments in the ACCLogManager source explain that it intentionally removes other handlers due to "double-logging" of messages that would otherwise occur. I'm not sure if that is still an issue and whether you may see that if you remove the property setting from the script.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]