users@glassfish.java.net

plan jar creator needed

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 05:12:01 PDT

Hi!

I have been using Websphere Application Server for a while and decided to try the GlassFish Server to see the differences and if it is any good (it is! I like it a lot :))

The problem I have right now is that, contrary to Websphere, the GUI has a lot less option for the applications. Mostly I can't "unlink" the JNDI references or the security role of my application and if I don't have any sun extension xmls in my ear, I'm more or less stuck.

I am getting the applications from different programmer and I want to be able to deploy them on the server without exploding them in a big IDE like NetBean and then packing them back together with the sun extentions.

Is there a "small" utility (preferably graphic based) that takes an EAR or WAR and can create the sun extensions in a separate jar file (JSR88 plan deployment method) so that I can then deploy both on the server?

thanks
jeremie
[Message sent by forum member 'granat' (granat)]